- Difficulty: Easy, recommended for everyone
- Dates: 9th – 11th July, 2021
Specific for its history, ethnology, traditions, and culture, Mariovo region is known as the most rural area in the Balkan peninsula. According to the legend, it received its name after the beautiful Princess Maria, thus becoming “Maria’s land” – Mariovo.
Spending a weekend in Mariovo is a great opportunity to get acquainted with the rich cultural and natural heritage of this region, and at the same time to escape from the urban chaos.
- Food & Drinks
- Number of participants
- More information
Day 1 – 09.07.2021 (Friday)
Arrival in Zovich village and accommodation in rooms
- Relaxation along the Stone Bridge on Gradeshka River (More info…) (Don’t forget swimming suit)
- Self guided tour – Zovich village (approx. 1 hour) (More info…)
Dinner at the Ethno house in Zovich village
Day 2 – 10.07.2021 (Saturday)
– Start of Guided Jeep Safari Tour
– Visit of White River
– Visit the Peshta Fortress – The Story of Kalesh Angja
– Visit of Monastery St. Elijah near Gradeshnica village
– Visit of Gradeshnica village and whirlpool on Gradeshka River (Don’t forget swimming suit)
– Return to Zovich village
– Overnight in Zovich village
Day 3 – 11.07.2021 (Sunday)
– Free activities, – Relaxation along the Stone Bridge on Gradeshka River
– Traditional lunch – specialties from the Mariovo region
– End of program
Food and drinks
The participation fee covers the following meals:
- Day 1 – Dinner
- Day 2 – Breakfast, Lunch (in nature) and Dinner
- Day 3 – Breakfast and traditional lunch
While preparing the meals, preference will be given to local food prepared in a traditional way.
* Please let us know if you have any food allergies or special dietary needs
* Drinks are not included.
All participants arrive in Mariovo with their own vehicles at their own expense. The road connecting Bitola with the villages in Mariovo is the regional road R1311.
- Total driving distance: Bitola – Zovich – Bitola = 104 km
- Bitola – Skopje – 170 km
- Type of road: Regional (R1311) asphalt road. After Rapesh village the road is narrow with low visibility on some locations. Special care is recommended while driving.
For Day 2 – Jeep Safari Tour – 4×4 Jeeps will be provided by the organizer (included in price)
Number of participants
- Maximum number of participants: 12
The maximum number of participants depends on the accommodation capacity in Zovich village.
- 115 euro per person
The accommodation of the participants is in the village of Zovich, is in two facilities, about 200 meters away from each other. Each of the facilities has common bathroom/ toilet, and a total of 12 people can be accommodated. There is also a possibility of placing a tent in a separate area near the Ethno house.
1. Ethno House “At the Bridge” (link)>>>
- Room 1 – 2 single beds
- Room 2 – 3 single beds
- Room 3 – 1 double bed
- Room 4 – 1 double bed + 2 single beds
- Shared bathroom in the hall + 2 toilets outside
2. Villa Tereza
- Room 1 – 1 king-size double bed
- Room 2 – 2 single beds
- Room 3 – 2 folding beds
- Shared bathroom on the first floor
- Participants with camping equipment can place their camps near the Ethno house
- Participants with health problems or allergies are advised to consult a medic regarding their participation. The closest medical center is in Bitola city 50 km from Zovich and Gradeshnica villages (1-hour driving)
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Recommended clothing, footwear, and equipment:
- Please wear proper clothing and footwear. On some locations, there is high grass, insects and everything else that nature can offer. If you plan short walks in nature, it is necessary to wear appropriate clothing.
- Sunglasses with UV filter
- Sun Protection Cream (recommended above SPF 30)
- Insect repellent
- Digital Camera
- Please keep the environment clean. There are no waste bins in the villages, so please return with you all generated waste.
Changes to the program and cancellation of the excursion
- The organizer has the right to amend the program in case of Force majeure or extraordinary circumstances that he could not foresee, avoid or remove.
- If it has previously been paid for the excursion, the participant has the right to refund the amount for unrealized services or an appropriate replacement.
- The organizer is obliged to inform the participant in due time about any changes.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- Phone: + 389 75 314 882 (Viber, WhatsApp)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or fill out the contact form: