According to the legend “Pelister Eyes” – the mountain lakes “Big” and “Small” on National Park Pelister – were formed from the tears of two sisters, who were in love with the same boy – Pelister.
Their mother did not allow them to marry the boy and in anger sent them to the mountain, with a curse: to be close, but not to see each other. The daughters shed so many tears, from which two beautiful lakes were formed.
Located at an altitude of 2.218 meters (Big Lake) and 2.180 m (Small Lake ) the “Pelister Eyes” are a great location for the nature lovers.
Hiring a 4×4 off-road taxi is the best option for visiting these picturesque locations.
- Type of tour: Tourist drive (4×4 Jeep taxi on demand)
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Location: National Park Pelister
- Dates: May – November
- Duration of the excursion: 8-10 hours (~ 3 hours driving in one direction)
- Altitudes: Bitola 615 m, Small Lake 2.180 m, Big Lake 2.218 m
- 08.00 – Departure from previously agreed location in Bitola
- Tourist ride through National Park Pelister with short stops on picturesque locations.
- Visit of the Small Lake (2.190 m)
- Visit of the Big Lake with opportunity to explore the beautiful scenery and landscapes, to breathe clean air, drink pure spring water or mountain tea in the mountain lodge (If it’s open. It usually works every weekend).
- Arrival in Bitola in the afternoon
- Transport to the location with 4 x 4 terrain vehicle
- Organization and realization of the trip
- travel insurance
- other individual costs
- Pregnant women and guests who have problems with neck, back, other health problems or allergies are advised to consult a doctor regarding their participation in jeep excursions.
- If you are allergic or if you need some medication, keep in mind that all jeep tours are on locations outside of urban areas.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Pick up / Drop off location
- The excursions start/end from a previously agreed location in Bitola city (hotel, parking, etc.)
- Proper clothing and footwear. In some locations there is a high grass, insects, snakes, etc., so if you plan short walks in nature, it is necessary to wear appropriate clothing.
- Sunglasses with UV filter
- Sun Protection Cream (recommended above SPF 30)
- Insect repellent
- Digital Camera
- Snacks/Food/ beverages – The excursion does not include food and drinks. On some locations there is a drinkable spring water, but there is no place where you can buy food. It is recommended that each participant carries with him sufficient amount of food for his daily needs.
- Please keep the environment clean. Any environmental pollution is strictly forbidden and punishable by law.
Changes to the program and cancellation of the excursion
The organizer has the right to amend the program in case of Force majeure or extraordinary circumstances that he could not foresee, avoid or remove.
If it has previously been paid for the excursion, the travel participant has the right to refund the amount for unrealized services or an appropriate replacement.
The organizer is obliged to inform the participant in due time about any changes.