Dobro Pole is WW1 location in Municipality of Novaci on the Macedonian – Greek border.
The Battle of Dobro Pole (Breakthrough at Dobro Pole) was fought between 15 and 18 September 1918 and it was the decisive battle that ended the Macedonian Front.
Dobro Pole is locality between the peaks Sokol and Veternik on Nidze Mountain and its literate translation is – Beautiful Meadow).
The visit of this location is an excellent 4×4 experience for the visitors interested in the First World War but also for all others nature lovers because of the breathtaking nature of Mariovo region.
- Type of tour: Tourist drive (4×4 Jeep taxi on demand)
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Location:Dobro Pole, Municipality of Novaci
- Dates: May – November
- Duration: 8-9 hours ( ~ 3hours driving in one direction)
- Altitudes: 615 m – Dobro Pole: 1800 m
- 08.00 h – Departure from a previously agreed location in Bitola
- Tourist drive through the villages – Logovardi, Novaci, Makovo, Rapes, Staravina (~ 1 hour).
- A short break at a picturesque location near the village of Staravina
- Tourist drive through forest road up to Dobro Pole location (with short breaks ~ 2 hours)
- Walk to the Bronze Hand location (~ 1 km / 20 min), sightseeing, return to the vehicle. Virtual walk from the track …
- Return back along the same road to Bitola
- Arrival in Bitola ~ 16:00
* Possibility to visit the village of Zovik and organize a traditional lunch at the Ethno house “At the Bridge”
More information about Dobro Pole
The following links provide more information about Dobro Pole and the events related to the First World War in Macedonia.
- Transport to the location with 4 x 4 terrain vehicle
- Organization and realization of the trip
- travel insurance
- other individual costs
- Pregnant women and guests who have problems with neck, back, other health problems or allergies are advised to consult a doctor regarding their participation in jeep excursions.
- If you are allergic or if you need some medication, keep in mind that all jeep tours are on locations outside of urban areas.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Pick up / Drop off location
- The excursions start/end from a previously agreed location in Bitola city (hotel, parking, etc.)
- Proper clothing and footwear. In some locations there is a high grass, insects, snakes, etc., so if you plan short walks in nature, it is necessary to wear appropriate clothing.
- Sunglasses with UV filter
- Sun Protection Cream (recommended above SPF 30)
- Insect repellent
- Digital Camera
- Snacks/Food/ beverages – The excursion does not include food and drinks. On some locations there is a drinkable spring water, but there is no place where you can buy food. It is recommended that each participant carries with him sufficient amount of food for his daily needs.
- Please keep the environment clean. Any environmental pollution is strictly forbidden and punishable by law.
Changes to the program and cancellation of the excursion
The organizer has the right to amend the program in case of Force majeure or extraordinary circumstances that he could not foresee, avoid or remove.
If it has previously been paid for the excursion, the travel participant has the right to refund the amount for unrealized services or an appropriate replacement.
The organizer is obliged to inform the participant in due time about any changes.