- Type of tour: Two days guided excursion
- Difficulty: Easy, recommended for everyone
- Dates: 24-25.08.2019
- Price: 65 euro per person
Specific for its history, ethnology, traditions, and culture, Mariovo region is known as the most rural area in the Balkan peninsula. According to the legend, it received its name after the beautiful Princess Maria, thus becoming “Maria’s land” – Mariovo.
Spending the weekend in Mariovo is a great opportunity to get acquainted with the rich cultural and natural heritage of this region, and at the same time to escape from the urban chaos.
- Food & Drinks
- Number of participants
- More information
Day 1 – Saturday, August 24th
10:00 – Departure from Bitola
~ 11:00 – Arrival in Gradeshnica village
Guided tour in Gradeshnica village – Participants will learn more about the biggest village in Mariovo region in which 60 years ago lived more than 1500 inhabitants, of which today are left less than 30. The oldest church in the region (Saint Demetrius – 14 cent) is located in the entrance of the village, from where a short walking tour will follow up to the center of the village. (less than 500 m).
13:00 – Picnic beside the beautiful and clean Gradeshka River & free activities (don’t forget a swimming suit!)
16:00 Arrival in Zovich village
18:30 – Dinner in the Ethno house in Zovich village
Day 2 – Sunday 25th
07:00-09:00 – Breakfast and presentation of the process of preparation of meat under “sach” (dome) and homemade bread
– Guided tour in Zovich village up to the nearby monastery St. Athanasius, a beautiful panoramic location from where a large part of Mariovo can be seen. (Walking distance ~ 400 m )
– Visit of the Stone Bridge on Gradeshka River (free activities – swimming into the river, relaxing )
13:30 – Lunch in the Ethno house in Zovich village
15:30 – End of Program
Food and drinks
The participation fee covers the following meals:
- August 24th – Picnic in Gradeshnica village, Dinner in Ethno house Zovich
- August 25th – Breakfast and lunch at the Ethno house at the Bridge – Zovich
In the preparing of the meals, preference will be given to local food prepared in a traditional way.
* Please let us know if you have any food allergies or special dietary needs
* Drinks are not included.
All participants arrive with their own vehicles at their own expense. The road connecting Bitola with the villages in Mariovo is the regional road R1311.
- Total driving distance: Bitola – Gradeshnica – Zovich – Bitola = 110 km
- Bitola – Skopje – 170 km
- Type of road: Regional (R1311) asphalt road
Number of participants
- Maximum number of participants: 20
Reservations will be accepted until the maximum number of participants has been filled. The participants will have the opportunity to choose accommodation in one of the houses or in the arranged camping site where they can set up a tent.
- 65 Euro per person
Including – lunch and dinner on 24th, breakfast, and lunch on 25th, guided walking tours in villages Gradeshnica and Zovich, accommodation in Zovich village
Not included: transport and other individual costs
*This activity is in support of the Macedonian Association for Cystic Fibrosis and part of the benefits will be reversed to the association
The accommodation of the participants is in the village of Zovich, in two accommodation facilities, about 200 meters away from each other. Each of the facilities common bathroom/ toilet, and a total of 17 people can be accommodated in rooms. There is also a possibility of placing a tent in a separate area near the Ethno house.
- Room 1 – 2 single beds
- Room 2 – 3 single beds
- Room 3 – 1 double bed
- Room 4 – 1 double bed + 2 single beds
- Shared bathroom in the hall + 2 toilets outside
- Room 1 – 1 king size double bed
- Room 2 – 2 single beds
- Room 3 – 2 folding beds
- Shared bathroom on the first floor
- Participants with camping equipment can place their camps near the Ethno house
- Participants with health problems or allergies are advised to consult a doctor regarding their participation. The closest medical center is in Bitola city 50 km from Zovich and Gradeshnica villages (1-hour driving)
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- The excursion starts at a previously agreed location in Bitola city
Recommended clothing and footwear and equipment:
- Proper clothing and footwear. On some locations, there is high grass, insects and everything else that nature can offer. If you plan short walks in nature, it is necessary to wear appropriate clothing.
- Sunglasses with UV filter
- Sun Protection Cream (recommended above SPF 30)
- Insect repellent
- Digital Camera
- Please keep the environment clean. Any environmental pollution is strictly forbidden and punishable by law. There are no waste bins in the villages, so please return with you all generated waste
Changes to the program and cancellation of the excursion
- The organizer has the right to amend the program in case of Force majeure or extraordinary circumstances that he could not foresee, avoid or remove.
- If it has previously been paid for the excursion, the participant has the right to refund the amount for unrealized services or an appropriate replacement.
- The organizer is obliged to inform the participant in due time about any changes.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us:
- Phone: + 389 75 314 882 (Viber, WhatsApp)
- Email: email@example.com
or fill out the contact form: